The families we serve are good working families that have little or nothing left after they pay their rent and utilities. Most of our families have young children that will go without ample meals daily without help.
This doesn't have to be... Please choose one way to help and you will make a difference.
1) Place cereals, paper goods, canned goods, and other non perishables in a bag. We also have a refrigerators and freezers on site for storage of perishable items. Drop these items off at the food pantry on the corner of Fairfield Avenue and Princeton Street in Bridgeport Saturday mornings. Or click here to e-mail us to pick up.
2) Checks made out to "Black Rock Food Pantry" are happily accepted. A $5.00 donation buys us a lot, your contribution goes a long way. No gift is too small. Checks can be mailed to Black Rock Food Pantry, 25 Princeton St. Bridgeport, CT 06605 or click the donate button on this page.
3) Forward this web site to everyone on your e-mail list. Collect items from family members for donation. Keep us in mind throughout the year.
4) Encourage anyone you know that can use some help right now to stop by the food pantry on Saturday mornings for groceries for the week. With the tough economic times we face today many seniors and young families can use your help.
5) Most important of all please continue to pray for one another. That God may ease the burden of our struggles in difficult times.
Thank you for anything you can do.
Note: We do not routinely or as a matter of course take clothing donations. However, from time to time we have provided clothing assistance to our clients. We have limited storage capacity. Contact us if you have a special situation or stay in touch with our site for notice of special programs. Thank you for your support of BRFP.
Please visit this site often to see what items are needed at this time.
All food items are always appreciated at this time we are most in need of... Peanut butter, jelly, condiments, cereal, canned stews and meals, flour, butter, and tax deductible contributions of any amount to shop for what we are short of weekly.